It’s nice when you have a community of others around you who can encourage you when needed and can offer suggestions and give feedback. When blogging, having a strong network and community around you is critical. So in order for us to be able to share blog posts, show comment love, and ask questions and get help about blogging and social networking, we have created an open Facebook group for Show Me the Bloggers.
We want everyone to participate in the community as well as share their work. We also hope that you invite other bloggers into the group as well.
To join our new Facebook Group, click HERE. It only takes a second!
We are also looking for group moderators. If you are interested, please comment or shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Show Me the Blog ’11 speaker Nick Gilham of A Branded You is presenting a workshop called New Job in 2012 Using LinkedIn. The class is being held on Saturday, January 14, 2012 at Nebula Coworking from 9:30-12 noon.
Here are the details per the event description:
Is one of your goals for the new year to get a new job? Do you want to take your career to the next level?
If you are serious about getting a new job, you need to be using LinkedIn strategically. LinkedIn is a job seeker’s most effective tool for communicating his or her unique personal brand. If you aren’t currently on LinkedIn or feel that you aren’t using the site effectively, A Branded You is here to help you fix that.
In this two and half hour seminar Nick Gilham will show you how LinkedIn can take your job search to the next level. Free parking is available and bagels, coffee, and juice will be provided.
You will learn how to:
- Get hiring managers to knock down your door
- Identify the most important sections of your profile and use them to their full capability
- Conduct a passive job search – land the job of your dreams when you aren’t even looking
- Strategically use LinkedIn Groups to network & find out the secrets to group membership
- Optimize your profile so you appear at the top of the search results
- Utilize the job board built into LinkedIn – learn about the different types of jobs posted
- Put your face in front of decision makers every time they login to LinkedIn
- Reach out to current employees to get the inside scoop about a possible new employer
This event is a great choice for those of you who want to land a new gig this year, and who want to learn how to utilize LinkedIn more effectively to do so. Early bird tickets are currently on sale now for $25.
If you are not currently looking for a job, or want to know how to land one using LinkedIn, please pass this information on to someone who is.
For more information on this event or to register, click HERE!
Sign up for Show Me the Blog Newsletter
- No public Twitter messages.